Fridays I'll fill you in on what we've been up to over the last week (or longer). As you may have noticed, the last 2 entries have been a day late. That's because the past few weeks have been really crazy around here. Here's just a little of what we've been up to (at least the stuff I took pictures of):
1. Lexie lost tooth #3 (she was playing dress-up with her cousin)
2. We brought the class pet (a guina pig named Cookie Dough) home for a weekend
3. Lexie got to play catcher again - her favorite position
4. Lexie and I visited a bunch of garage sales. Here are my great finds (After getting rid of the iron, I plan on painting the bench black - it cost me $2!!!)...
and Lexie's purchases (all made with about $9 in change Daddy gave her)...
5. Lexie learned how to ride a bike without training wheels and got a new bike. (Yes, it's the one she wanted. Was there ever any doubt we'd get it? Target only had one and it was kindof dirty so when we went to check out I asked the girl if we could get a discount because of that and she gave us 10% off! It's always good to ask.)
6. Lexie's class went on a field trip this past Wednesday to a place that had bounce houses and put-put golf. She actually got a hole in one on the 4th hole!!!
Wednesday night we went to Lexie's end of the year program then on Thursday we went to her 2nd to last T-ball game. Then yesterday (Friday) was Lexie's last day of school (I was there most of the day). They walked to the park around 11am, played, ate lunch, played more, ate ice cream, played even more and finally headed back to school after 2pm. At 5pm that night we went to Lexie's teacher's house for a pizza party. It was such a nice way to end the school year but Lexie and I were REALLY tired by the time we got home. (Dave didn't go because he went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Unfortunately, the Red Wings lost but it was still a cool experience just to be there.)
So now school's out and we have 2 1/2 months to relax, have fun outside and just enjoy being together. I'm definately ready for summer vacation, especially after the busy week we've had. The thing I'm looking forward to most is sleeping in! Yeah!!! (Did I mention I resigned from my job at the library? My position had a "set schedule" and with Lexie on vacation I couldn't work those same hours. I'm hoping to reapply in the Fall.)