Tuesday, June 9, 2009

At Home Tuesday

I'm going to try and dedicate Tuesdays to posts about our home. (Things like organizing, home decorating, green living, etc.) So today I thought I'd show a few pictures of my most recent painting project, our entry way. The area is 2 stories tall and I went back and forth trying to decide if I could paint this myself. After borrowing a ladder from my brother-in-law I decided I'd be able to do it. It wouldn't be easy but I thought I could accomplish it. I think I did pretty good. What do you think?

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER


Okay, I guess I'd better show you all of it...


As it turns out, even with a tall ladder, I couldn't reach the very top of the wall. I did fine with the 1st story, but the 2nd story turned out horrible. I did one coat and it turned out very streaky and, worst of all, I got paint on the upper molding. SOOOOO, turns out we'll have to hire someone after all. Oh well, lesson learned.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This reminds me of our post about a yr ago or so. Same type of room. We rented scafolding it was a nightmare. It was horrible as in exhausting but it turned out wonderful and we saved a ton of money. Did you get on that ladder way up there? My goodness girl that is really high. What a nice home you have.