Friday, April 10, 2009

My Review of Tonic Studios 12" Guillotine Paper Trimmer: (30cm) w/Large 12" Base

RitzCamera.com

Perfect for scrapbooking and home office desk tops. Always ready for use without taking up valuable space. The Kushgrip comfort handle features a stainless steel blade for a clean straight cut. A paper clamp with integrated finger guards presses down firmly to ensure paper does not move while cu...


I'm loving this trimmer!

Jenn MI 4/10/2009

 

4 5

Pros: Clean Edges, Cuts Straight, Good Cutting Capacity, Sturdy

I'm a scrapbooker and I've gone thru many different trimmers over the years - the Fiskars personal trimmer, the Cutterpede (green), and the big Fiskars rotary trimmer. None of them gave me a consistently straight cut. In addition, when I would try to cut a sheet of pictures I wasn't happy with how the edges looked frayed (not true with the rotary trimmer).

I have been VERY happy with this guillotine cutter. It seems to be doing a great job so far - even with pictures! I was tempted to give it 5 stars but I'm still getting used to it. I do wish it had marks on the board for normal picture sizes like 4x6, 5x7 & 8x10 but I guess I could make the marks myself. Overall I think this is a great cutter!

()

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Ahh, yes, a Tonic! We sell virtually the same thing through Stampin' Up!, it just has our name on it. It is one of the best investments I've made! Love my Tonic!