Friday, April 17, 2009

Great Book!

Just wanted to quickly tell you about a GREAT book I just finished! It's called "The Middle Place" by Kelly Corrigan. A patron at the library suggested it to me (wish I could remember who so I could thank them).

Anyway, it's a true story about a 30-something woman (wife and mother of 2 small children) who gets breast cancer and then she finds out her father, whom she's really close to, has bladder cancer at the same time. I know it sounds depressing but it's actually a really funny book. The author wrote it so well! She alternates the chapters, one is about when she was a child then the next one is about now. It's called "middle place" because she's in the middle of being an adult - a wife and mother - but still a child - a daughter. I can't say enough great things about it! I couldn't put it down! I'm adding it to my list of "favorite books" right now! Hope you enjoy it too!

p.s. If you've never read "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, that's another great book I'd highly recommend! (I thought about this book several times when I was reading "Middle Place.")

No comments: