Last weekend Dave and I celebrated our 9th anniversary!!! As usual we went away for the weekend, just the two of us. Dave always does all the planning for it - picks the location, makes all the reservations, etc. All I have to do is pack and find someone to watch Lexie and Sandy for the weekend. This year he chose one of our favorite spots - Mackinac Island.
The timing of our anniversary weekend is great because Dave is always just getting done with budgets. This means that the couple of weeks before our anniversary are especially busy for him - lots of late nights, some out-of-town trips, etc. So this special weekend is a nice time for us to relax and reconnect. This year I appreciated it even more because with me working and Lexie's nightly homework I feel like I never have enough time to do everything, let alone spend quality time with Dave. So this weekend came at just the right time for both of us.
We packed so much into so little time, it's hard to include everything. So I thought I'd share some pictures and a list of 10 of my favorite memories from the trip:
1. That first view of the island (especially the Grand Hotel) from the ferry
2. Sleeping in until 9am two days in a row!
3. Walking hand-in-hand or arm-in-arm everywhere with Dave
4. Riding bikes around the island - over 8 miles!
5. Eating ice cream after our bike ride - YUM!!!
6. Stopping at the "Somewhere in Time" site - I love that movie!
7. Taking our "secret" path to the Grand Hotel
8. Making friends with a horse that Dave named "Honey-pie Pony"
9. Watching how scared Dave was walking up the stairs to see the Arch Rock
10. Enjoying the beautiful Fall colors
But I think my favorite thing of all about the weekend was that I got to spend 48 hours alone with Dave. It was so nice having no schedule to keep, no place to be, just doing whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. Oh and we got to eat whatever we wanted too!!! :)