Friday, May 1, 2009

Let's Play Ball!

Lexie started T-ball last Thursday. She's never played on a team before. On the way to practice it was so cute, she asked me, "Mommy, will I be a batter or a thrower?" I let her know she'd get to do BOTH! She was happy about that! After practice I asked her what her favorite part was and she said hitting the ball off the T. She actually did pretty good with everything but I did see her crouched down looking for rocks at one point. :) I think keeping the girls' attention on the ball is going to be the hardest part.

Monday will be her first "game" - it's timed (no more than an hour). They don't keep score, don't keep track of outs and everyone gets to bat each "inning." The bad thing is they've only had one out of 4 scheduled practices because of the rain we've had here the last 2 weeks. Hopefully Monday will be nice so the girls can actually learn how to play! I can't wait to see it!

No comments: