First I need to get this off my chest...I am SICK of Lowe's!!! We are just finishing up our basement and I think I've been to Lowe's (and/or Home Depot) 20 times in the last month! Lexie, who usually doesn't complain about going to stores, is also SICK of Lowe's. We went today and the worst news is we have to go back tomorrow! We ordered the counters today but the Lowe's we went to didn't have enough variety of carpet so now we have to go tomorrow to a different one!!! UGHHHH!!! Oh well, after the carpet is ordered I refuse to set foot in another Lowe's for at least a week!
On to the reason for my post...
Last night I started organizing a bunch of old notebooks/journals I've kept since Lexie was born. I've been dreading this task and have been putting it off for years. Well, it ended up being a lot of fun. I read about lots of things I'd forgotten about. Here are a few of the forgotten memories:
* Lexie used to call her pacifier "DAB-DA" - I can't believe I'd forgotten that!!!
* Lexie has the cutest dimple in her left cheek (4/5/03) - When I first read this I thought, "how sad, she doesn't have her dimple anymore." Well, was I ever wrong!!! I checked out her cheek and it's still there, as cute as ever! How wierd that I haven't noticed it in soooo long.
* "Oh Lexie, you're so pretty! Welcome!" (8/18/05) - this is what Lexie said the preschool teacher would say to her when she saw Lexie on the the first day. How cute is that!
* "Mommy, someday when I'm a mommy if my kid asks me for chocolate or sweets or whatever, I'm going to say "Yes." I'm always going to say yes. I'll teach them different rules. The rules are going to be - he can go to Burger King, I'll let him have treats every day (if they ask) and I'll buy them whatever band-aids they want!" (may/june 06)
* "Mommy, when will you be really old like Grandma and Papa?" (8/30/06)
Okay, I could go on and on and on but I think I'll end with that one! (sorry G'ma and Papa!) :)
Sorry I don't have pictures to add to this post - I need to download some but haven't had time to since we've been living at Lowe's lately!!! Hopefully I'll have something next week. Well, I'm off to uncover some more forgotten memories!