I can't believe it, I have my very own blog! Over the past year or so I've enjoyed many different blogs but never thought I'd have my own. I've considered it many times but just didn't know how to do it. Well, I'm finally fed up with my current method of journaling - keeping notebooks all over the house, writing on spare pieces of paper or backs of receipts. The worst is that I have no system for organizing it all, until now. This blog will not only allow me to organize future journaling but I hope it will encourage me to journal even more.
I'm not sure exactly how this blog will look, I'm sure it will evolve over time. Some of the things I'll probably be talking about are:
* My daughter Lexie - she's 5 years old and in her first year of Kindergarten. (That's our 3 year old labradoodle Sandy with her)
* My husband Dave - we just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. We've been together for over 10 yrs!
* Our journey to adoption - As of 2/26/2007 our home study was approved (for domestic adoption). Soon after that we completed our family profile/ scrapbook. We have been waiting ever since. http://www.bethany.org/A55798/bethanyWWW.nsf/0/106391C1BDD1C24F8525729C0064885D) We just keep praying that God blesses us with a child.
* Being a Stay-at-Home Mom - I've stayed home with Lexie for her whole life. It's been amazing and I feel so blessed to have had so much time with her. However, things are changing now with her in Kindergarten - I'm sure I'll have lots to write about this subject. Some days I feel like I'm going through an identity crisis - I'm a stay-at-home mom with no child at home. :)
* Going Green - over the last year I have become more educated about how what we use/consume/buy affects the environment. I'm trying to do my part to help. I started by buying organic foods whenever possible. Now I'm reading a great book called "Green This!" (http://www.amazon.com/Green-This-Greening-Your-Cleaning/dp/1416540555/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2243972-2223962?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193365945&sr=8-1) about using green cleaning products. Who knows what will be next! My husband isn't as enthusiastic about all the changes and he often calls me a "Tree Hugger" which I gladly accept. :)
* Scrapbooking - I've been scrapbooking for over 10 years. Unfortunately I'm pretty behind - my 5 year old daughter is only 5 months old in her scrapbook! But I love the hobby - especially the journaling, photography and organizing my supplies (I know, I'm weird).
* Organizing (& Family Management) - I LOVE to organize (you probably figured that out) and have for as long as I can remember. We recently moved to a new house and I'm still trying to get everything organized. I'm sure I'll be sharing what I learn along the way.
* & much, much more...
I can't wait to really get started!